Re: [dev] surf - add missing keybinding

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 22:22:47 +0200

----- Mensaje original -----
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 7:57 PM, pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com> wrote:
> > I would like to have a dupped keybinding for the showsearch.

> > 14     { MODKEY,               GDK_g,      showuri,    { 0 },          Any
> > },
> > 15     { MODKEY,               GDK_slash,  showsearch, { 0 },          Any
> > },
> > 16     { MODKEY|GDK_SHIFT_MASK,GDK_slash,  showsearch, { 0 },          Any
> > },  // ADD THIS INTO config.def.h
> > 17     { 0,                    GDK_Escape, hidesearch, { 0 },          Any
> > },
> >
> > The problem is that in the spanish keyboard you have to press shift to get
> > the slash
> > character (it's like an uppercase 7 (seven)).
>
> Then don't use a totally retarded and braindead keyboard layouts like
> the Spanish one. Textbook case of 'if it hurts it is because you are
> doing something dumb'.

Yeah, i know that the retarded word is quite funny when you are not of them, but it is not quite adequate for this case.

All the keyboards suck in some or other way.

Im sure that i can type faster than you in us or es kbd. The problem here is that the retarded X11 is taking the slash as a single key, making the modifier a separated key instead of taking t as a single keysim.

Keyboard layouts and keymaps sucks. They fail by design and they are stupidly complicated. I hope you never had to look to a windows mobile keyboard driver.

> When I remember the pain to get a fucking ~ I still have nightmares
> and can't understand how I managed so long without switching to the
> standard US kb layout (and that was over ten years ago).

Maybe you are the retarded one. Because i never had any problem to type any char in the sp layout. Do you know that it is possisble to create your own layout modifications?

> Btw, does surf support the standard Unix text editing keybindings[1]?

Its not about surf, this is a task for gtk textentry and so on. So unless you write a ld.so modifying the signal handlers it will not be supported.

It can be also be implemented in javascript, but it will be pretty slow.