Re: [dev] surf - add missing keybinding

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 19:26:18 +0200

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 10:22 PM, pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com> wrote:

> [...]

I might be retarded, but I don't waste my life 'customizing' my
fucking keyboard layout, I use the *standard* layout that works well
for the task it is designed for: input text and code.

Asking for apps to be changed because you use a braindead keyboard
layout is just crazy.

uriel

>> Btw, does surf support the standard Unix text editing keybindings[1]?
>
> Its not about surf, this is a task for gtk textentry and so on. So unless
> you write a ld.so modifying the signal handlers it will not be supported.

That surf uses gtk is a disgrace, to depend on GTK providing sane
keybindings is a really bad idea.

> It can be also be implemented in javascript, but it will be pretty slow.

I did it for Chrome already:
http://repo.cat-v.org/burning_chrome/hosaka/ it is fast, but obviously
still sucks, because the right solution is for the app to implement
the proper and sane shortcuts.

uriel