[dev] [wmii] 3.9a1 hangs without p9p

From: Michal <ml_AT_infosec.pl>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 19:39:09 +0000

Hello,

I'm trying to run wmii+ixp-3.9a1 on FreeBSD 8.0-RC1 (same problem on
older versions tho) without plan9port installed but it doesn't quite work.

It builds and loads fine but then keybindings are not working and there
is nothing but "1" (current view) on the status bar. I can mock about
with mouse cursor so it's not really frozen, just unusable (cannot run
programs, switch views etc).

wmii is started via ~/.xsession file. Also tried with "wmii -r
~/.wmiirc" and nothing changes. My xsession-errors says only "Action:
not found". List of processes when wmii is "hanging" like that:

/bin/sh /home/michu/.xsession
/usr/local/bin/wmii
-tcsh -c wmiistartrc (tcsh)
/usr/local/bin/wmii
/bin/sh -f /usr/local/bin/wmiistartrc
/bin/sh -f /home/michu/.wmii/wmiirc
wmiir read /event
/bin/sh -f /home/michu/.wmii/wmiirc
-tcsh (tcsh)
ps x

It works fine with p9p but currently I've switched to amd64 and it's not
available here. And because I cannot imagine working without wmii
anymore I'm almost desperate to get it fixed - any help/hints/ideas much
appreciated.

Michal