Re: [dev] [wmii] 3.9a1 hangs without p9p

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 15:53:03 -0400

On Sun, Oct 04, 2009 at 07:39:09PM +0000, Michal wrote:
> I'm trying to run wmii+ixp-3.9a1 on FreeBSD 8.0-RC1 (same problem on
> older versions tho) without plan9port installed but it doesn't quite
> work.

It's possible that wmiirc has some issues with FreeBSD's shell.
My FreeBSD box is down right now, so I can't test it. I wouldn't
expect problems, though. I run it under dash (derived from
FreeBSD's shell), and with one-true-awk from the FreeBSD tree.

>It works fine with p9p but currently I've switched to amd64 and it's not
>available here. And because I cannot imagine working without wmii
>anymore I'm almost desperate to get it fixed - any help/hints/ideas much
>appreciated.

plan9port runs fine on amd64. I've been running it as such for
quite some time now. I'm pretty sure that Russ runs x86_64, too,
so I would expect it to work rather well there.

--
Kris Maglione
Advertising may be described as the science of arresting human