Re: [dev] [dwm] [wmii] Prompt for client to add to current view

From: Nathan Neff <nathan.neff_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 14:41:20 -0500

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Suraj Kurapati <sunaku_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Nathan Neff <nathan.neff_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'd like to have a menu that shows all the currently running clients,
> > and when I select a client, the current tag is applied to that client.
>
> You can do it like this now in my Ruby wmiirc:
>
> your_chosen_shortcut: | # bring a chosen client into current view
> client = client_menu('invite client:') and client.tag curr_tag
>
> > The rumai wmiirc has a similar feature that will show a list of clients,
> > and when you choose a client, the selected client is shown.
>
> I refactored that functionality into a common client_menu() method
> (used in the above example) that is shared by all branches:
>

> http://github.com/sunaku/wmiirc/commit/72c464daed724ee045d2112f865d66c4e7602d36#diff-1

That is great!

I changed my config.yaml to look like this:

<snip>
    ${mod}-c: | # focus client chosen from a menu
      client = client_menu('invite client:') and client.tag curr_tag

</snip>

Thank you very much! I'm going to delve further into your wmiirc
stuff using the interactive prompt. I don't quite understand how
config.yaml
gets turned into "real" ruby code, but will check out the tutorials on the
website:
http://snk.tuxfamily.org/lib/rumai/

--Nate