Re: [dev] wmii: Question on wmiirc_local.py

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 16:49:59 -0400

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 10:06:25AM +0200, Thomas Dahms wrote:
>Works fine now but gives rise to another problem: Keeping the
>modules in /etc, they don't get byte compiled on first import, as a
>normal user has no write access there. As a workaround you could
>compile them at make time, but optionally in order to avoid having
>Python as dependency. Maybe a target "pyc" in the Makefile?

I'm really not terribly worried about this. Byte-compiling
python is quick, and there's really not that much code to
compile in this case. That said, if someone provides a patch,
I'll probably apply it.

>Other minor issues with the Python wmiirc:
>- The clock in the bar is not updated. Seems to be a problem with
>datetime, since this works:
>@defmonitor
>def time(self):
> return call('date','+%a %d %b %T')

It works fine for me, but as I said before, by guess is that the
problem is importing datetime from inside of the monitor
function. Have you tried this?

     from datetime import datetime
     @defmonitor
     def time(self):
         return datetime.now().strftime('%c')

>- With two Xinerama screens, the (empty) bar on the second screen is light gray,
>while with the sh version it had $WMII_NORMCOLORS

This is fixed in tip.

>- Mod4 is default for this, while it is Mod1 for the others.

I've thought about changing them all to Mod4, actually.

--
Kris Maglione
What is freedom of expression?  Without the freedom to offend, it