Re: [dev] Alternative for tabbing in web-browsers?

From: Szabolcs Nagy <nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 22:30:38 +0200

On 10/7/09, Jacob Todd <jaketodd422_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> I was going to suggest something like that. Maybe a shift+click on a url
> to add it to a file, and then use dmenu to either have surf go to the
> url (don't know how that would work, this is theoretical), or spawn a
> new instance of surf that opens in the new url.

i don't see how this could work well (or the vimperator buffer)

* url is not enough, at least url + title is needed
* removing an item from the list is not as easy as with tabs
* where is page position stored? (in case of a long article one might
want to store the position)
* where is page history stored?
* there are stateful sites (session, filled in forms,..)

maybe one can implement dumping and restoring functionality with a
nice interface, but it's not trivial to make as easy as keeping 50
tabs around