Re: [dev] Alternative for tabbing in web-browsers?

From: Jacob Todd <jaketodd422_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 00:00:01 +0000

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 10:30:38PM +0200, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> On 10/7/09, Jacob Todd <jaketodd422_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > I was going to suggest something like that. Maybe a shift+click on a url
> > to add it to a file, and then use dmenu to either have surf go to the
> > url (don't know how that would work, this is theoretical), or spawn a
> > new instance of surf that opens in the new url.
>
> i don't see how this could work well (or the vimperator buffer)
I may have over simplified things.
> * url is not enough, at least url + title is needed
Reasonable.
> * removing an item from the list is not as easy as with tabs
Use sed.
> * where is page position stored? (in case of a long article one might
> want to store the position)
Page as in what percent you are up or down a specific page, or what page of the
article you're on? If you're talking about the latter, then a url + title should
be fine.
> * where is page history stored?
With another shell script/what-ever.
> * there are stateful sites (session, filled in forms,..)
See above.

--
Jake Todd
// If it isn't broke, tweak it!