Re: [dev] wmii: Question on wmiirc_local.py

From: Thomas Dahms <dahms_AT_gmx.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 00:21:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009, Kris Maglione wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 03:09:43PM -0400, Kris Maglione wrote:
>> Well, to start with, you don't need to import all of those modules. Aside
>> from that, you bring up a good point: key bindings are interpolated from
>> events.keydefs when they're defined. You're changing them after that point.
>> I'll see what I can do before the next snapshot. It will be fixed before
>> 3.9 is released. For now, just copy wmiirc.py to ~/.wmii and edit that.
>
> This is fixed in tip. events.keydefs can be changed in wmiirc_local.py and
> the changes will be applied when the event loop starts.

Thanks for this. But other issues occur:
- pygmi has to be imported into wmiirc_local.py. This should be documented
somewhere.
- Color definitions in wmiir_local.py are only partially applied.
- Cannot undefine monitor functions defined in wmiirc.py. Or am I missing
something? I don't want to see the load.
Find attached my wmiirc_local.py and a screenshot showing the odd colors.

The clock is now properly updating, but I don't know whether pulling it
into wmiirc_loca.py or pulling the import line out of the function fixed
it.

I'd be glad if you could also have a look at issue 132, which is kind of
annoying.

--
Thomas Dahms

screen.png