Re: [dev] (x)HTML-based office suite? (aka suckless word processing solution-2)

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 16:19:19 +0200

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 7:39 PM, Tor Aqissiaq
<toraqissiaq_AT_googlemail.com> wrote:
> What is wrong with XHTML? Are you implying that HTML is superior?

Yes, HTML is superior to XHTML, I was wrong about this one for years,
but now it is completely clear to me that XML is *always* the wrong
answer, and XHTML is what proved it, even something as bad as HTML
becomes worse when one adds XML.

As I said in another post, loading XHTML documents is *slower* than

XHTML only has one good thing about it: the abomination that is
document.write() doesn't work in XHTML! Of course this actually
contributed to its failure, which is a good thing too.

uriel