Re: [dev] [dmenu] Putting key combinations in config.h

From: markus schnalke <meillo_AT_marmaro.de>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 08:14:06 +0200

[2009-10-21 20:07] Colin Shea <colin_AT_evaryont.me>

> Well dmenu should at least have the defaults in config.h, just like the
> default colors, etc.

But this encourages people to change them. I already said: Key bindings
are *not* like the colors.

> Just because, say, I add Ctrl-G
> to open a page in my browser with the current input as the URL doesn't mean
> (and that probably wouldn't ever) it should become mainstream, or even
> something widely used.

It better does not become widely used, as ist totally breaks with the
concept of dmenu.

Dmenu is like it is, in order to not need to build such commands *into*
it. Instead wrap a script around which calls the browser.

You probably should learn the concept behind dmenu first before you
argue on how dmenu should be.

meillo