Re: [dev] [surf] next release

From: Claudio M. Alessi <smoppy_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 11:02:37 +0200

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 09:09:25AM -0700, Charlie Kester wrote:
> It seems to me that the problems being discussed in this subthread arise
> because the "browser" combines two very distinct concerns:
>
> - managing the http traffic to and from the website, which includes the
> administrative details pertaining to the session
>
> - rendering the documents obtained from the website
>
> Perhaps we should be thinking about separating them?
That's exactly what I was thinking about after reading the Anselm post. I'm
pretty sure this is the way to go. We need a "core browser" which is just
indipendent from the viewer. Well, it isn't right to call it "browser" but I
don't find a better name ATM. Then you can use whatever tool you want to do
each thing as you like, better and easily.

Regards,
Claudio M. Alessi.

--
JID: smoppy AT gmail.com