[dev] multiple fonts in wmii

From: Yuval Hager <yhager_AT_yhager.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 08:52:39 +0200

Hi there,

Can wmii support multiple fonts? This way if glyphs are not found in the
first font, the next one is being searched.
I am looking for some functionality along the lines of
http://pod.tst.eu/http://cvs.schmorp.de/rxvt-unicode/doc/rxvt.7.pod#How_does_rxvt_unicode_choose_fonts
(yes, this link actually works).

Most fonts do not contain the glyphs for my native language, so I am ending
up with blank squares instead. If I modify wmii font to one that contains
native glyphs, the latin letters are just ugly..

OTOH, shouldn't fontconfig do this (select matching fonts by language) by
default? it obviously is not the case in my setup, and I couldn't find any
docs on how to make this work the way I expect it to.

--yuval