Re: [dev] Local vs global variables

From: Robert C Corsaro <rcorsaro_AT_optaros.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 16:00:38 -0500

Uriel wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Robert C Corsaro <rcorsaro_AT_optaros.com> wrote:
>
>> A better rule might be to never use mutable global variables.
>>

> That is still a stupid and senseless rule.
>
> uriel

True, but I only said better. Saying there should be zero global
variables is many magnitudes stupider. If we got rid of such software,
what would be left? If you wanted to follow a rule without
understanding it, then at least "never use mutable global variables" is
possible, and actually good advice in most cases.