Re: [dev] [OT]: Go programming language

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:46:27 +0100

rob pike, russ cox and ken thomson are in the list of CONTRIBUTORS.

I see 'go' as the limbo for the masses. Google did the things well (again).

They get the best people able to design a language and a compiler and put
it together in a single mashup.

The compiler is pretty similar to the plan9 one, it ships the 9lib and
other plan9
libs and it is self contained. I didnt start coding on it, but source
examples
looks really interesting.

I just wonder if go allows introspection and if its compile or runtime
based.

I will also like to know if there's any interface for C and how to use it.

About the compiler stuff..i dont really know if they can generate good code,
I mean, related to code optimizations they are assembling it all together in
a very good way, but I dont see any post optimization process which will
involve automatic code inlining, loop paralelization, register
relocation, etc..

--pancake