Re: [dev] [OT]: Go programming language

From: markus schnalke <meillo_AT_marmaro.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:53:19 +0100

[2009-11-12 02:49] Aled Gest <himselfe_AT_gmail.com>
> 2009/11/11 Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl>:
> > Looks like you didn't give more than half a minute's time, to see what
> > Lisp's syntax (or rather the lack of it) is actually about. Your hopes
> > are vain.
>
> It doesn't take long to judge clarity.

Remember: ``Unix is simple. It just takes a genius to understand its
simplicity.'' (dmr)

> As far as I can tell, Lisp's primary features are that everything is a
> list and that logic/arithmetic is specified in polish notation.

Isn't that great? It's like ``everything's a file''.

> TCL
> has a similar concept with lists but in my mind has a nicer syntax.

You mean: It has a not so strange/different syntax.

> To be fair I never said "there is no cleaner syntax than C", what I
> said was "It's the cleanest and most logical syntax I've come across
> so far.", and I stand by that.

I replied: ``Then you never tried Lisp!'' Maybe I should have said:
``Then you never understood Lisp'', which is true.

My motivation to post in this thread was to point you to a language
that will enhance your view in this discussion.

meillo