Re: [dev] wmii can save settings on close, can't it ?

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 01:25:56 -0500

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 12:47:54AM -0500, djp_AT_linuxcaffe.ca wrote:
>>And yes, i know that Firefox and Thunderbird sucks ;)
>
>and we both still use them !

I'm really amazed that anyone uses Thunderbird...

>So if I may re-iterate,
>pre-define where apps will open, using the tagging scripts,
>and then open each one from another script, and voila ?
>I /will/ need to lern more about dem tags.

Their tags, yes.

>here's a riddle or two;
>How do I include the column, and the order within the column, of each item ?
>Is there any way to also direct the window-mode (stack, default,
>maximum) for each column ?

No, that's not possible (except perhaps to launch them in the
right order and hope they open in that order again).

>I know this is asking a lot, but this functionality is make-or-break for me,
>and I'll bet important for may other potential-users who sometimes
>turn their computers off.

Yes, indeed it's asking a lot. Can I ask what other window
manager provides anything approaching that functionality? It
also seems a bit superfluous. The whole point of dynamic window
managers is to make static layouts unimportant. I've never
missed those kinds of features.

--
Kris Maglione
i've wondered whether Linux sysfs should be called syphilis