Re: [dev] wmiirc + gnome-settings-daemon + xmodmap

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 15:34:06 -0500

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 09:50:57PM +1000, Nick Irvine wrote:
>The problem is, gnome-settings-daemon seems to set xmodmap itself
>slightly after my call to it, thus overriding my settings. I have to
>manually execute capsmod3 every time I log in.
>
>Any ideas?

Well, the best option, as suggested by the other posters, is to
not use gnome-settings-daemon. XFCE and ROX have similar
utilities, and I suspect that there must be a way to change
fonts via .gtkrc-2.0, but I couldn't name it. You could also
change the keymap with a gnome tool, but I wouldn't recommend
it.

The easiest method is this, though:

gnome-settings-daemon &
(sleep 1; capsmod3)&

--
Kris Maglione
If C gives you enough rope to hang yourself, C++ gives you enough rope