Re: [dev] [wmii] Firefox new windows

From: Suraj Kurapati <sunaku_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:08:43 -0800

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 2:25 AM, Yury Ignatiev <yury_AT_moinet.ru> wrote:
> * I do not have any rules in /tagrules about firefox windows
> * I open firefox on some tag
> * Create another tag and go to it
> * Then run firefox again (Alt-P, firefox)
>
>   And it opens new window on the old tag.

This is a known problem:
http://www.mail-archive.com/wmii@suckless.org/msg02221.html

>   Does anybody know how to make firefox open new windows on the current tag?

You need to manually (or automatically, via your wmiirc) overwrite the
/client/.../tags file for all new windows (which do not match any
tagrules) with the current tag. Then the new window will appear on
the current view.

(shameless plug) My Ruby wmiirc does this by default:
http://wmii.suckless.org/alternative_wmiirc_scripts

Cheers.