Re: [dev] [dmenu] pasting bug

From: Julien Steinhauser <Julien.Steinhauser_AT_orange.fr>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 00:17:20 +0100

On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 11:29:55AM -0500, Colin Shea wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 13:17, Evan Gates <evan.gates_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yep, definitely bugs. When I wrote the paste patch cursor wasn't a
> part of dmenu, so as of right now paste assumes a cursorless dmenu.
> I'll take a look at it tonight and see if I can rewrite paste to work
> with cursor.  Also what do people think about the sselp dependency?  I
> can always copy and paste the sselp code directly in instead, let me
> know.
>
> -emg
>

> Personally, I'd rather a dependency on xclip rather than sselp. I think that is
> much more likely to be installed on someone's computer than sselp. Of course,
> xclip does a lot more than sselp.

As you said, xclip does a lot more than sselp and in this case sselp
perfectly fits the bill the suckless way.

People who know where to find dmenu should be able to find sselp,
I believe most dmenu users are getting new dmenu version here,

I don't know for others distros, but in debian for example,
dmenu and sselp are packaged together with a bunch of other tools.

I meant that anywhere one could get dmenu, sselp is never far away.