Re: [dev] [dmenu] pasting bug

From: Colin Shea <colin_AT_evaryont.me>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 13:14:56 -0500

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 18:17, Julien Steinhauser <
Julien.Steinhauser_AT_orange.fr> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 11:29:55AM -0500, Colin Shea wrote:
> > Personally, I'd rather a dependency on xclip rather than sselp. I think
> that is
> > much more likely to be installed on someone's computer than sselp. Of
> course,
> > xclip does a lot more than sselp.
>
> As you said, xclip does a lot more than sselp and in this case sselp
> perfectly fits the bill the suckless way.
>
> People who know where to find dmenu should be able to find sselp,
> I believe most dmenu users are getting new dmenu version here,
>
> I don't know for others distros, but in debian for example,
> dmenu and sselp are packaged together with a bunch of other tools.
>
> I meant that anywhere one could get dmenu, sselp is never far away.

You are right, it's not hard to get sselp, especially when, like in debian,
it's bundled with other applications, such as dmenu. I just figure it's more
common to have xclip installed rather than sselp. One less dependency to
track down, as it is already installed, and all that. Of course, if you
already have sselp installed, and not xclip, it would be annoying to have it
already.

It doesn't really matter. It's not like it's hard at all to get sselp, just
either use your package manager or download and compile it. wget, make,
done.