Re: [dev] suckless real time file sync system (or dropbox alternative)

From: Dieter Plaetinck <dieter_AT_plaetinck.be>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 21:00:23 +0100

> I can't see why you want this instead of a traditional
> fileserver+clients, but never question a crazy idea. :)

true that.
so, how do dropbox-ish things work?
1) they automagically do some synchronizing when you put something in
a directory
2) you [or a script] has to put something in the directory.

Since you - or a script - has to do "something" anyway, why don't you
just skip a step? and instead of putting something in a dir and let the
magic happen, just call a script to upload/synchronize the files
whereever you want, directly ?!?

Dieter