Re: [dev] suckless real time file sync system (or dropbox alternative)

From: Kai Großjohann <kai_AT_emptydomain.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 20:44:13 +0100

On 12/22/2009 09:00 PM, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> so, how do dropbox-ish things work?
> 1) they automagically do some synchronizing when you put something in
> a directory
> 2) you [or a script] has to put something in the directory.

Well, adding ~/Documents, say, to the list of things to be synced is a
one-time activity. From then on, all documents you edit will be
automatically synced when you save them. (I don't consider saving them
an extra activity since most people save most of their documents anyway.)

But if you invoke a script to do the syncing, then you have to invoke
that script every time after a save.

Kai