Re: [dev] [DWM] suggestion for dwm

From: Thayer Williams <thayerw_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 10:39:26 -0800

On Jan 03, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Julien Pecqueur <jpec_AT_julienpecqueur.com> wrote:
> I have a suggestion for DWM. I use DWM for about months and i miss one functionality : a trayer (a zone for icons in the status bar to reduce applications like xchat or to have icons for applications like gmixer, batterymon, wicd-client) in the status bar!
> I've tried to use some apps to have a trayer (bmpanel and other panels with tray) but it's not fine and i haven't find a trayer app which runs like conky (in background of others clients).
>
> Is it planned to implement this in DWM? If not, do you have a solution for me?

Happy New Year to you as well!

As far as I know, there are no intentions whatsoever of integrating a tray
utility into dwm. There are several standalone tray utilities that will do
the trick already, including stalonetray and trayer. Check your
distribution's software repository for these tray apps. They do not include
a panel (which is itself a separate utility) and are used only to provide
tray support.

Cheers

Thayer