Re: [dev] GSoC 2010

From: Marc Andre Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 21:36:24 +0100

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 01:07:13PM +0100, pancake wrote:
> Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> >window system
> a friend of me, who is a enlightenment developer is writing a new
> graphical system
> to replace X windows, it is not suckless, but really minimal, well

Interesting to see something like this from an enlightenment dev.
From previous mail exchanges with raster it always seemed as he
was pretty happy with X (or probably he just knows too good that
replacing it would be a huge undertaking).

> >bug and issue tracker
> >improve dmc (mail)
> +1

+1 although I haven't really looked at dmc yet. I still think a
lightweight libimap would be useful for various mail related things.

Did anyone try out notmuch?

 http://keithp.com/blogs/notmuch/

> >ssl cert validation for surf
> +1
>
> There are several other issues in surf

I would also like to see an elementary (which IMHO sucks much
less than GTK) based gui for surf this should get easier as
webkit-efl is integrated into upstream webkit.

> >improve st (terminal)
> +1
+1

Marc