Re: [dev] [surf] shell script to do bookmarks, history, and other things

From: Peter John Hartman <peterjohnhartman_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 09:32:41 -0400 (EDT)

Hi nibbles (and pancake et al):

Looks even better (once more)! But you still don't store stuff to a local
history file, except when one explicitly bookmarks the page. Two of the
goals of the script, I think, are to:

(1) store all find transactions to a find.history.txt file.
(2) store all set uri transactions to a history.txt file, provided they are
successful. also, i like storing my set uri transactions prior to any
processing, e.g., store "g foobar" rather than the ugly looking
"http://www.google.com/search?q=foobar".

These might be something that you and pancake are implicitly against or it
might be something that you'all have overlooked. If it is implicit, then
I'm fine with that, in which case I'll offer up a surf2.sh to the wiki,
which will look remarkably similar to surf.sh but with a few extra lines of
code here and there (cf. my previous script). If it is something overlooked,
then can we merge in these LOC (again cf. the previous script, or I'll send
a surf2.sh)?

Best,
Peter

--