Re: [dev] my suckless.org compatible ideas: vim like mapping for any tools, C scripts, vi clone

From: mobi phil <mobi_AT_mobiphil.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 19:26:12 +0200

> So traditional-vi, nvi, vim, elvis, vile, and busybox's vi aren't
> enough? :)

you mentioned 5 of them. All do the same, nothing more. None could
open a huge logfile for analysis, or none has created me clear control
or monitoring points for the buffer.

>> * Should be able to aggregate files in different ways during editing.
>> For example given a source code file f1.c, you would have a
>> f1.mycomments, that would contain refferences like
>>
>> f:function correct the parameter list
>> l:123  remove comments when done

> Allways comment your code where you need to. No one's gonna stop doing
> that just for one editor. And code should be readable, which means you
> wouldn't need a file full of comments. Read chapter 8 of the Kernel
> Coding Style if you wish.
Did not mentioned a detail on purpose. You share work with several
people, there are comments that you want to share, there are comments
that you do not. Can happen that it is not the case with you...

--
rgrds,
mobi phil