Re: [dev] [wmii] ubuntu packages on launchpad are broken

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 10:50:19 -0400

On Wed, 26 May 2010 14:26:42 +0200
Moritz Wilhelmy <crap_AT_wzff.de> wrote:

> Hi everyone, especially Kris,
>
> I installed the lucid (and afterwards looked at the one from karmic,
> which shows the same behaviour) package from launchpad [1] on the
> lucid I'm unfortunately forced to use, and both packages are tiny
> (4.8 KiB) and lack essential files. I guess that's related to the
> recent problems with building wmii on ubuntu.

> That's all, no binaries, nothing.

Thanks for the report. I've had this problem before with launchpad, and
it's strange because it doesn't always happen. Anyway, I've updated my
build release script and it shouldn't happen again. New packages are up
for lucid and karmic.

> Also, would you please add a wmii.desktop file for gdm to
> /usr/share/xsessions/, where this piece of crap keeps it's configs
> since the authors never heard something about /etc for config files?

That's interesting. It seems that the install line got lost in some
update. It's there in the new packages. Although, I have to admit, I
tend to discourage people using dot-desktop files (or really display
managers at all). I only ever installed it because the official package
does.

--
Kris Maglione
Fast, fat computers breed slow, lazy programmers.