Re: [dev] [wmii] problem with wmiir xwrite /client/$client/ctl kill

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 18:28:25 -0400

On Wed, 26 May 2010 17:55:09 -0400
Alex Kilgore <adkilgore_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2) Try wmiir read /event from the commandline and see if your key
> > presses are reported.
>
> The keypresses are still reported, but it seems that they are just
> not acted upon

In that case, the problem is either with wmiir, the 9P connection
itself, or wmiirc. The best thing to do is launch wmiirc from a
terminal as ‘sh -x wmiirc’. You'll probably want to ‘wmiir
rm /rbar/status’, as well. Then run ‘wmiir xwrite /client/sel/ctl kill’
and see what output you get from wmiirc when you try key pressing your
accelerator keys. Probably best to just post the output here, actually.
It might be a good idea to find wmiirc's subprocesses with ‘psid -p’,
too.

--
Kris Maglione
The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly