Re: [dev] dwm-5.8.1 / dmenu-4.1.1

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 19:59:39 +0100

On 29 May 2010 19:17, Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 May 2010 18:18, Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 01:12:15PM +0100, Anselm R Garbe wrote:
>> The getfullscreen bit is probably not necessary in most cases. The rest of
>> the clientmessage function is a hack, because I don't know the dwm
>> sourcecode well enough to do it properly. It's just to show what's required.

> Feel free to commit your changeset for now, I'll look into it and will
> experiment a bit with different clients such as mplayer and acroread
> and try to come up with a more dwm style integration in clientmessage.

Ok I tried your patch and it does seem to fix a bunch of things,
though it also introduces some oddities. I'm trying to fix them and
plan to ask for broader testing before releasing 5.8.2 in a hurry. You
don't need to commit ;)

Btw your patch contained a weird getstateproperty() incompliance with
the missing Window w argument... dunno must be some cut'n'paste issue
I believe.

Cheers,
Anselm