Re: Re: Re: [dev] Fwd: OT:GUI wireless connections management?

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 11:42:56 -0400

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 11:36:44AM -0400, Kurt H Maier wrote:
>On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> You could always try FreeBSD. They've had UTF-8 support since version 5. The
>> ifconfig isn't quite as good as OpenBSD's, though. It doesn't handle WPA
>> internally (but, then, given OpenBSD's focus on crypto, it's not surprising
>> that its does where others' don't).
>
>FreeBSD doesn't support UTF-8 in the console. It only does UTF-8 in X11.

Well, the point is that it does UTF-8 in libc, which is always
the real issue. X11 really has nothing to do with it. Frankly,
the syscons has always been a bit crufty. I've never even been
able to get it to do any mode other than 24x80. On the other
hand, it has better mouse support than most consoles, so...

--
Kris Maglione
Nations have recently been led to borrow billions for war; no nation