Re: [dev] Fwd: OT:GUI wireless connections management?

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 12:48:05 -0400

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 06:34:45PM +0200, Marvin Vek wrote:
>On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 10:19:09AM -0600, anthony wrote:
>> Setting "XTerm*locale: utf8" has worked well enough for me, though it's no
>> help for console support. I find that OpenBSD has adequate (though imperfect)
>> Unicode support; the major problem I have with it is that the compose key
>> only supports ISO8859 characters...
>
>Now we're on the BSD subject, any knowledge on how well it's implemented
>in FreeBSD in comparison to OpenBSD?

I can't speak for OpenBSD, but FreeBSD's unicode support is very
good. It was a major effort for RELENG_5, and it's gotten better
since.

I'm surprised that the compose key would only support 8859-1
characters, though. As I understand it, Xorg's locale
information is independent from system locale info.

--
Kris Maglione
If you want to go somewhere, goto is the best way to get there.