Re: Re: [dev] Fwd: OT:GUI wireless connections management?

From: Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 15:27:24 -0400

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 3:01 PM, Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl> wrote:
> And, скажы меня, what if I need to mix cyryllic, some unusual character
> or two like »λ«,

you never "need" to do this

> call upon Janáček's surname, mention a band called
> Sigur Rós, their track „Suð Í Eyrum” and such?

Everyone will know what you mean when you type "Janacek", "Sigur Ros",
and "Suo I Eyrum".

I can *almost* understand wanting to switch between cyrillic and
ascii, but bringing sigur ros into it is just stupid. They invented a
language. If they want my computer to support the idiocy they pass
off as 'art,' they can damn well update my console drivers.

> Not seeing further than the tip of one's nose and *bending reality* to
> the limitations of some dinosaur era string processing crap library is
> so pathetic...

Not using ASCII places you firmly in the 'dinosaur era.' You can
advocate interoperability with your niche shit all you want, but don't
start assaulting other people for not wanting to waste time decoding
it. My system supports UTF-8, but honestly it gains me nothing.

--
# Kurt H Maier