[dev] [surf] Segfault bug

From: Gene Auyeung <quaker4lyf_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 12:50:06 -0700

Hi,

For a while I've been frustrated when I close a surf window, it takes
down the process that created it, along with all windows of that
process. For clicking a link in gmail will open a new window, and
closing that window sometimes closes the parent window as well. Today
I had some time to insert printfs into surf.c to find out what's going
on.

It turns out that closing a window while it is loading causes a
segfault, and so all the 'struct Clients' of that process die. This
is somewhat okay if it the process just had one window, but sucks
otherwise.

This also might be why from time to time I have to rm my cookies file
to make gmail/gchat will work, because segfaults skips the cleanup()
process?

I'm using a key sequence bound to the killclient() function in dwm-5.5.
I'm using the latest pull of surf (220:e83fbd17d63a).

Thanks