[dev] Surf 0.4 issues

From: Donald Allen <donaldcallen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 09:13:44 -0400

I've just begun using surf and it looks very nice. dwm is my desktop
environment on a Slackware 13.1 system, and surf integrates nicely with it.

Having said that, I have seen some problems that I'd like to report.

Issues (version 0.4):

1. Gmail complains that "your browser has cookies disabled" unless the
sessiontime variable in config.def.h is set to something non-zero. Perhaps
something non-zero should be the default (said without understanding the
implications of that).
2. When I change config.def.h and redo the make, config.h does *not* get
replaced with the new config.def.h. I think the config.h target in the
makefile is missing a dependency on config.def.h.
3. Scrolling from the keyboard (ctrl-k, ctrl-j or the up-down arrows) does
not work in gmail.
4. Gmail sessions periodically crash. I will try running compiled -g and
under gdb to try to get more info on this. I've seen this problem
repeatedly. It's independent of whether I run with tabbed.

/Don Allen