Re: [dev] Interesting post about X11

From: Mate Nagy <mnagy_AT_port70.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:05:33 +0200

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 12:46:09AM +0100, Aled Gest wrote:
> I've yet to see evidence of that in Scheme's case. If you can provide
> links to practical examples, of tools that are cleanly and efficiently
> written in Scheme, that aren't purely academic in purpose, and don't
> come with 30 pages of waffle about how great Scheme is, I'd be happy
> to take a look.
sorry, but I'm not sure that the burden of proof is on him.

Furthermore, I don't think the whole "I hate everything you said and I
don't care a bit, but mayyybe if you're real nice you can try to
convince me" shtick takes us in a productive direction.

And as a last (and unrelated) point, I would say that embracing Lispy
things, reading SICP, (writing your own eval :), et cetera makes you
write better C programs even if you never touch Lisp again. Ignorance is
never an advantage, whatever you're ignorant of.

Being proud of it is just horrible.

Best regards,
 Mate