Re: [dev] Presentation slides software

From: Uriel <uriel_AT_berlinblue.org>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 19:17:31 +0200

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:34:52PM +0200, Uriel wrote:
>>
>> I'm looking for a minimally sane way to generate presentation slides,
>> ideally using something similar to markdown and capable of generating
>> decent-looking html (and hopefully) pdf.
>>
>> I know about magicpoint, and I normally use the troff slides macros:
>> http://repo.cat-v.org/troff-slider/
>>
>> But the generated HTML is rather messy, and fixing htmlroff is too much
>> work.
>
> Have you tried generating a PDF and using one of the PDF to HTML converters?

Do you know of any PDF to HTML converter that is not crap? Because I
have been looking for such a thing for years, and would love to have
one, but I'm starting to suspect such a thing is impossible.

> They tend to work fairly well with PDFs generated by programs like troff,

Not in my experience, but again I'm really happy to hear suggestions
for good PDF to HTML converters.

uriel