Re: [dev] Presentation slides software

From: Noah Birnel <nbirnel_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 09:05:05 -0700

> > I am actually a student that used to work on this stuff. In our
> > research group, we were mainly interested in transforming the arXiv (
> > www.arxiv.org) to XHTML + MathML via LaTeXML (
> > http://dlmf.nist.gov/LaTeXML/ )
>
> What you are doing is a truly evil thing. A certainly interesting
> project, from the point of view of trying to understand how and why
> would any human being take up such an abominable task.

Uriel, have you looked at halibut?
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/halibut/

I use it for a couple of projects, though I have a shell script to
adjust the html to my own needs. The markdown is tolerably easy to learn,
the license is liberal, and it is (meant to be) fairly portable C.

I don't like it exactly, but it's the least obnoxious thing I've found
for generating multiple forms of documentation.

But, having rarely seen presentation slides with ( SNR > 0 ), I don't
entirely understand what you are looking for.

--Noah