Re: [dev] [wmii] Locale problem with "uptime" (loadavg in status bar) and a suggestion

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 03:57:08 -0400

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 12:00:51AM -0700, Robert Ransom wrote:
>On Linux 2.6.34.1 (and many other versions):
>
>$ cat /proc/loadavg

What do you mean “many other versions”? /proc/loadavg is purely
Linux. Most other Unices use /proc for, well, processes.

>(I assume the kernel doesn't try to read and act on locale environment
>variables. Yet.)

No, thank gods. /proc and /sys are fixed-specification system
interfaces. Whatever you may say about Linus, he'd blow a gasket
about locale-responsive system interfaces.

--
Kris Maglione
It's an incredible con job when you think of it, to believe something