[dev] Tabbed + Surf, possible bug on closing tab

From: Martin Kopta <martin_AT_kopta.eu>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 10:42:55 +0200

Hi everybody,

  I use Tabbed (0.3) with Surf (0.4.1) and there is one issue I would like to
discuss.

Situation:

  Tabbed is running with few Surf instances within. I intend to close ONE Surf
  instance. I use ^q or middle click (emulated using left+right) on tab name.

Results:

  I expect that the selected one window (tab) will be closed. In most cases it
  is exactly so, but sometimes it happens, that many more tabs disapear. Since
  there is no way to bring back tabs in Tabbed, this bug is very anonying.

Notes:

  I use only Surf within Tabbed, but I think it is not issue of Surf. This issue
  appears when I close current tab and when I close some other not current tab
  (using emulated middle click). I have "feeling" that closing non-current tab
  brings this issue more often. Also, I have "feeling" that using ^q doesn't
  bring this issue so often. I looked into Tabbed source but I didn't find
  anything suspect.

Thanks for your ideas, Martin