Re: [dev] Suckless design in Games

From: Anh Hai Trinh <anh.hai.trinh_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 00:08:13 +0700

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Eivind Michael Skretting
<eivind_AT_linux.com> wrote:

>> What do you mean exactly? His A major Prelude is probably the shortest
>> piece of music that exists (20~ seconds) and amongst the most
>> beautiful. If that is not minimalistic, I don't know what is.
>
> Well, first of all, as have been mentioned, it's not about lenght.

Email me off-list about this if you want to discuss this point further
but no matter what angle you look at this piece, there is just no way
it is not minimalistic.

> And Chopin's harmonies is in no way minimalistic (meaning "simple").

Not for that particular piece. In general, nowadays, Chopin's harmony
is considered to be in the Common Practice Period and are well
understood by second-semester harmony students. It is not simple, but
certainly not complex. Chopin's harmony to a music student is like a
heap to a programmer. (obviously this is just a way of saying)

--
@chickamade