Re: [dev] [wmii] wimenu custom completion

From: LuX <lux.onthenet_AT_free.fr>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 12:04:28 +0200

Hello!

on, 16 Aug 2010 21:22:18 -0400, Kris Maglione wrote:
> But our file is a FIFO, anyway. Its contents never touch the disk. It
> would probably be better in ~/.wmii/menu_fifo or the like, though.

I see.

I put files wi_cli.sh, fifo and opts, with obvious meanings, in
'$HOME/.wmii/wi_cli/'.

> I'd suggest some slight changes, though:
*** Here is a patch (diff file)
> The following will do what you want:
*** Here is a full script

I'm sorry but I'm a little bit confused here (recall that I'm somewhat
a beginner in this area). It seems to me that some of the changes in
your patch are included in your script but not all of them. For example
the 'update' function in the script doesn't use its 'cmpl' argument.
Thus I'm not sure about which version of your script I have to a apply
the patch to.

Probably I did something wrong but all the variants I have tried to
build by mixing all of this, contain erroneous code. Either they
produce odd messages in the terminal when I run 'sh wi_cli.sh', or
typing options which are not declared in $opts doesn't work properly:
after typing for example 'vim -e ' in the input line, no list of files
is displayed after the last ' ' as I would expect.

Regards,
LuX.