Re: [dev] libdraw development

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 15:44:33 +0100

On Monday, September 6, 2010, Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 10:10:16PM +0200, Moritz Wilhelmy wrote:
> > Isn't portability one of the goals?
> I don't use that kind of GNU extension gunk so I split my files anyway.

Indeed. The day suckless software depends on GNU extensions will be a
sad day indeed. As far as I can tell linking symbols instead of
objects requires unportable flags and unportable binary sections. The
reason being, I'm guessing, that you need to determine a given
symbol's interdependencies at link time, so you have to link objects
(or sections within objects) rather than symbols themselves.

cls