Re: [dev] wmii display size issue

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 13:21:09 -0400

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 01:07:24PM -0400, Benjamin Cathey wrote:
> Unfortunately, the results are still the same. The external monitor's
> entire display allows the mouse cursor, however wmii is only available
> in the upper left corner. As you can see in the screenshot below, the
> statusbar shows the bottom of the workable space, even though I can
> mouse over the entire display and you can see the alt-p menu at the very
> bottom:
>
> http://yfrog.com/6escreenshot20100911p
>
> Any help would truly be appreciated. I thought that there *must* be a
> way to force wmii's display size so that it is using the entire thing.

It always uses the entire display. Can you post the new output
of `xrandr -q` after running the --right-of command.

Also, try moving a window past the edge of the screen. Either
Mod-l twice or Mod-j for the window at the bottom of the column
should do it. BTW, what version are you using? That looks like
dmenu that you're running, but newer versions use wimenu. I
believe that the last release that used dmenu was 3.6, and that
didn't support Xinerama.

--
Kris Maglione
Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring