[dev] [dwm] window borders in Virtualbox

From: Thomas Dahms <thmsdhms_AT_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 16:05:56 +0100

Hi list,

I am using dwm inside an Oracle Virtualbox (version 3.2.10 on Windows
host, Arch Linux x86_64 guest with xorg-server 1.9.901).

When switching focus between two side-by-side terminals, only the upper
parts of the window borders are redrawn (down to the point where the
lowest of the two cursors is). Other applications also show border drawing
issues, but it's not as predictable as with terminals. When redrawing
everything (by switching layouts), the borders are redrawn correctly.

The funny thing is that when I try to take a screenshot of what's
happening, the borders look right in the screenshot. Regardless of where I
take the screenshot, host or guest.

This does not occur with other window managers, but it may still not be
dwm's fault. I'd be glad if someone can help.

Thanks.

--
Thomas Dahms