Re: [dev] xmessage replacement similar to dmenu

From: David Arroyo <david_AT_aqwari.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 18:26:33 -0500

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 08:37:04PM +0200, Ciprian Dorin, Craciun wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I'm currently using the `dmenu` in some scripts, but I also need a
> tool similar to `dmenu` which displays a (multi-line) message (like
> `xmessage`).

Why not just use a terminal? I used to have a shell script that popped
open a 9term with the message inside and waited for user input before
closing the terminal. I don't have it anymore because I never used it,
but it's an easy enough script to write and you won't waste your time
creating a pointless program.

Regards,
David