Re: [dev] [wmii] running script on 'desktop'?

From: Sean Howard <silver_AT_callysto.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 10:39:17 -0400

What do you mean by this?

If Conky outputs as text, you can send it's output to a constantly
updating xrootconsole (sorta hackish and not very pretty, and likely
you need to install xrootconsole) (printing out_to_console=yes and
out_to_x=no). I don't use the program myself, but I think I can see
what it does.

If something outputs to the root window of the X display, it will do
what you want.

I personally use "mpc|xrootconsole" inside my dwm loop (it's not
great, and it's not pretty, but it does the job).

You might simply want to put "watch ps -aux|xrootconsole" as a script
running in the background to keep a constantly updated mpd readout
available.

So - the answer is - yes, you can, although more information would help a lot.