Re: [dev] [wmii] running script on 'desktop'?

From: Benjamin Cathey <benjamin_AT_apocalypticfail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 10:44:16 -0400

Hey again

Well in wmii, I use terminator set to transparent so that my background
image shows through (set using 'feh' in my wmiirc). I was wondering if
there was a way to have a script running and have the output display
over the background displayed by feh and under the terminator window (or
any other window really).

I did not think this would be possible as it seems that all programs
running need a 'window'.

I looked for xrootconsole using yaourt (arch linux) and didn't find any
matches.

Thanks