Re: [dev] dwm taskbar config

From: <flo_AT_snakeoilproductions.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 23:13:11 +0100

 On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 23:00:04 +0200, Le Tian wrote:
> well what I need, is a sample of somebody's config, without exec dwm?
> cause
> it is executed right after login by the system, I do not run
> "startx", I use
> KDE login manager to start dwm, so .xinitrc with "exec dwm" is
> useless, am I
> right?

 Like Andrew said, try .xsession, that worked for me when i made my
 first steps with dwm on ubuntu (but switching the distribution was still
 the best fix to lots of problems).
 exec works fine here, and the loop continues since the & forks another
 shell for it.

> I'm sorry guys, I'm just a user, and I can't write shell scripts
> neither do
> I have any profound knowledge of it.

 Then you should relly learn it, or dwm is not intended for you.