Re: [dev] [st] 0.1 Feedback - Was: A few small patches

From: Bryan Bennett <bbenne10_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 11:18:23 -0400

While I understand wanting applications to adhere to the Unix
Philosophy, it seems to me that inputting and outputting text
is what a terminal essentially does and copying & pasting is
just a small extension of that role. I'd like to see a sane
way of copying & pasting with the keyboard, rather than
relying on the mouse for that.

Back on topic: The copying & pasting present currently
seems to work fine for me, but I'd like to see a dynamic
'rubberband' over the selection - just to get feedback about
what exactly is being highlighted while the mouse is still
clicked. Programs like alsamixer work fine on my end -
I'm not even noticing the slowdown that others are
mentioning. (`time alsamixer` reports ~.01sec, which is
exactly the same as I get on urxvt with my current
Xdefaults.) I have noticed some problems with vim that I
can't seem to fix with TERM, though. I need to do some
more investigation into it.